This is the Character Creator or Random Character Generator for fantasy worlds. It is the extended version of the Improvised Character Generator, with more information and a small reference about their life. This module will randomly display a biography of the character, with the names of his relatives and the most important events that marked his life. This character creator can be used both to make character cards for role-playing games and to generate characters for novels, stories or even "non-player characters" for adventures.
For a story to gain strength, the characters or "actors" involved in it must be believable and have purpose, aspirations and dreams. This will make the readers or players who interact with them feel that they are alive. The personalities of each character created will be determined by their trade, family, childhood and events that have marked their life. Although this module is random, in the creation of the biography "This is your life!" certain parameters will be conditioned to the previous ones.
Keep in mind that the data shown are only to help you in your inspiration. Thanks to these random generators, imagination can be stimulated through "seeds" with which a writer or game master starts a chain of relationships to shape the character. For example: "Odolff is a vampire, a seer who pretends to be a peddler. His goal is to procreate and he makes his home in a tavern near a dark castle." With this description you get to shape a character, and it serves as a start for a more in-depth story. An aid to defining the character is to ask yourself questions about the character based on the random content generated:
- Could Odolff be a Nordic name? Could he therefore have a thick, thick accent? Is he an exotic vampire because of it?
- Why does he pose as a peddler? Does that help him meet new prey? Does he sign deals at the tavern where he lives?
- What relation can the dark castle have with him? Will it have something to do with his goal to procreate? Does he wish to regain said castle and does he need progeny?
These types of questions arise based on the random content generated and help bring it to life. Thanks also to other authors who participate in this work and to Ben (Orkish Blade). Some of the content belongs to Open Game License OGL. This content is not official D&D content, but an approximation for Game Masters based on D20 system. This is not an official Wizards.com generator, just one inspired by and compatible with this universe.
Just press the "Generate" button and random characters will be displayed with their name, fantasy race, gender, alignment (moral and ethical), age and occupation. In addition, a more detailed description of the character and, in more common humanoid races, a biography will also be displayed. Here are some instructions on how to use it:
- A certain race and class/profession can be selected for the character. Depending on the choice, the content displayed will vary from the combination.
- If an unconventional humanoid class is chosen (or comes out randomly), a biography of its life will not be displayed.
- The ages of the characters are divided into: Young, Adult, Mature Adult, Old and Very Old. This describes their physical appearance. Since each race ages differently, the number of years alive for each character will vary depending on the race. For example: a mature adult human may be 45 years old, however, an elf with the same mature adult physical appearance may be over 1000 years old.
- Occupation defines the work activity you are currently engaged in. Sometimes they are conventional occupations and sometimes they are referred to a "class". This is an adventure-oriented profession, such as healing clerics, paladins, warriors, mages, wizards, sorcerers, etc.
There are some characters with more extensive descriptions than others. In most cases their profession, ideals (which depend on their alignment), favorite equipment or weapons, and a goal in life are shown. The format of the description will vary depending on the profession. If you want to know more about the alignments click on here.